Somatic movements are gentle by nature and are suitable for almost anyone of any age.
In this 5 week course you will learn some gentle Somatic Movements that will help to release tight muscles on the front, back and sides of the body that may be causing you pain or restricted movement.
We will explore how muscles become tight in the first place – and it’s not due to ageing – and how Somatic Movements are effective in releasing these tight muscles helping to reduce pain and stiffness.
Each weekly class is progressive in nature to develop your Somatic Movements practice.
On completion of this course you may notice:
- A reduction in any muscular discomfort, pain or stiffness
- An increased awareness of how your body feels and moves
- More sensations in your body.
- An ability to consciously contract and relax your muscles
- More movement and flexibility
Please note - Full participation in this course will require you to lie on the floor on your back, sides and tummy. If you find this a challenge you might best be suited to a private session which can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Who is it for?
This is for you if you want to:
- Learn how to move more freely and with awareness.
- Learn how tension habits cause you discomfort and how to resolve
them through movement.
- Release muscle tension without use of equipment.
- Learn a new skill to help you to keep moving well that can be
done anytime, anywhere.
What to wear/ have available
Please wear warm, comfortable clothes as this is a slow movement class.
Please have available
- A comfortable, quiet space away from distractions.
- A yoga mat, rug or blanket to lie on
- Some water
- Some rolled up towels or some cushions for support if required.
- A mobile phone, tablet or laptop.
Tuesday 27th April 2021
Tuesday 4th May 2021
Tuesday 11th May 2021
Tuesday 18th May 2021
Tuesday 25th May 2021
All sessions will be from 6pm – 7.15pm
Online via Zoom
To book your place please email me on email@example.com or call me on 07760100279
or click here
What you get with this course
- 5 x 75 minutes live online Somatic Movement Classes (1 per week)
- Audio of each class.
- Follow up after class with suggestions on how to continue with your home practice.
- Videos of the movements you will be learning.