In light of the recent COVID 19 pandemic I have had to implement a number of changes in order to carry out massage treatments safely. These measures are in place in accordance with Government Guidelines and my Professional Massage Association and will be regularly updated as things continue to change. Please check this page before coming to your appointment each time.
Prior to You Face to Face Appointment:
I will schedule an online Zoom Meeting with you or Telephone Call if this is not possible before your massage treatment to discuss the following:
- For New Clients Only - Health Consultation – To discuss past and current health conditions, medication, reason for your visit as well as undertake any necessary assessments. This needs to be done via zoom (ideally) or whatsapp video as I need to be able to see you for the assessments.
- For Follow Up Appointments – Update Consultation via Telephone. Occasionally this may need to be done via Zoom.
- COVID19 Screening and Consent Form - before every appointment.
- Answer any questions or concerns.
The Day of Your Appointment
- If you are experiencing any COVID19 symptoms (new or persistent cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell) please contact me to reschedule your appointment. You WILL NOT be charged a cancellation fee.
- Please bring you own pen to sign COVID19 screening/consultation forms.
- Please also bring water if needed, as I can no longer supply this.
- Please use the bathroom before leaving home as this facility is not available at present.
- Please leave all jewellery at home.
- I would be grateful if you could arrive on time for your appointment as I need to space appointments further apart than usual to enable disinfection of the practice space, therapy table and equipment.
- Please bring a mask (or I will provide one) as this will be required when entering the premises. You will not be expected to wear this when lying face down but will be asked to wear this when on your side and face up. If this is going to be difficult for you please call me to discuss this.
- Please remain in your car or outside and I will collect you at your appointment time. Please only bring a chaperone or legal guardian if absolutely necessary. In this case they will also need to complete a COVID19 Screening Assessment.
- I will be taking your temperature upon arrival and there will also be a consent form to complete regarding your exposure to Covid-19. If you are considered a high-risk client, it may not be possible to massage you at this time but feel free to discuss this with me.
During the Appointment
- Before entering the premises I will take your temperature
- You will be required to leave your shoes in the porch. Please ensure you are wearing socks or bring some with you if wearing sandals.
- You will need to sterilise your hands and then enter the treatment area without touching anything
- There will be a container for your clothes on a chair to sit on by the massage couch.
- I will be wearing full PPE – Mask, Visor, Gloves and Apron but this will not affect your treatment.
- The massage will continue as usual, although unnecessary chatting should be avoided to prevent droplet formation.
- When the massage is over, please leave all the linens, untouched on the couch and try not to touch anything as you leave. Please keep your mask on until you exit the premises.
- It is also recommended that you register for the NHS Track and Trace app to maintain our safety.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these measures I have in place please feel free to contact me to discuss your specific requirements on 07760100279 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.